Accommodations in Liechtenstein:
Liechtenstein, together with the neighboring communities of
Feldkirch, Austria and Buchs and Sargans, Switzerland, will have over
3000 beds available in a variety of styles and classes. Liechtencon
will offer a central reservations desk to coordinate on behalf of our
- 37 intimate hotels, none larger than 64 rooms, offer a wide range of
services in Liechtenstein.
22 more are in Feldkirch, Buchs and Sargans, all within minutes of the
Liechtenstein border. With such small hotels, the town streets become the
hotel corridors of the convention, and there will be no crowds waiting for the
elevators! Buses will connect all the hotels with the
Worldcon activities and facilities.
- Guest Houses
- Bed and breakfasts, a seminar site and even a cloister offer more
secluded lodging to those who would prefer to stay a little further from
- Apartments and Chalets
- Larger groups can rent multi-room apartments. Normally rented as
ski cottages, these will be well-appointed, comfortable lodgings.
- Hostels and Mountain Huts
- Three hostels, in Vaduz, Feldkirch and Sargans, as well as mountain huts in
the Alpine resort community of Malbun, will offer inexpensive lodging in
group rooms. Ever think you couldn't afford to stay at a Worldcon? Think
- Unique in Worldcon history, three campgrounds in Bendern, Triesen and
Feldkirch offer a total of 460 tent spaces to attendees who prefer to enjoy
the natural warm Alpine summer in the outdoors. Groups in particular can
recreate the atmosphere of events like Pennsic!
- Given the unique structure of the convention, parties will be held
throughout the country. Hotel banquet halls, restaurants, campgrounds,
the dealer's encampment, and even a castle will be available for convention
parties, bid parties and private individuals' parties. Is there an idea
you've had for a party that just wouldn't fit inside the usual convention
center or tower-block hotel? Now's your chance!